In 1941, the SS and police authorities established a forced-labor camp for Jews in the perimeter which also served the SS and police authorities as a so-called Labor Education Camp for wholesale non-Jewish Poles. Both groups of inmates were deployedÂ for forced labor in a nearby gravel pit. Treblinka II became part of the Operation Reinhard in July 1942. Â It is estimatedÂ that between 700,000 and 900,000 members of the Jewish community were killed in its gas chambers, along with 2,000 Romani personsÂ in the complex.Â The camp was dismantled ahead of the Soviet advance and a farmhouse concealed the evidence of mass murder, which restricted the information about the operation of the camp. Today, Treblinka is a memorial complex, although works and investigation on the labour camp have only began recently.